Programming Experience So FarDid some c and c++ in my First two years of engineering, then some Java, J2ME, CORBA, JSP and Servlets in my last two years. Did some in between job in SEO. And then I was introduced to the world of Ruby On Rails. I recently completed 2 years in Ruby On Rails, so I have covered my share of new and leagacy code. Sometimes you are frustrated because one of the most simplest thing is not working the way it should and then you are like how could I miss that, that was so simple. That happens a lot. But then you have those times when most complex problem are resolved with the least amount of work. So yes I have loving relationship with ruby but rails is a bit maybe but it gets the work done.
A few things I follow
- TDD is for us not for deployment.
- Service Oriented Architecture is beautiful.
- Try to follow Single Responsibility Principle where ever possible.
- If you are not designer, then do not spend time solving small ui issues.
A few things I hate
- Unspeced code is okay for me, I will add them but unindented code makes me irritated.
- Bugs that nag me for days.
- Legacy code having too many wtf's.
- My laziness.